Yesterday I posted yummy dog treats and today the cats get their fair share! Funny story - I don't have any cats so the first time I made these I made them the same size as the dog treats. One of my cat-parent friends told met to scale the size back, big time! So you cat owners will already know that they need to be small. But if you are making them as gifts (as I was), remember that cats will not be interested if they are walnut sized! (:
Crunchy Tuna Cat TreatsMakes about 3 dozen treats
- 1 can tuna, no salt added and packed in water, drained
- 1 cup oat flour*
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon dried catnip
1. Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment, combine drained tuna, oat flour, egg, olive oil and catnip. Blend until mixture is smooth. It will be thick but pliable and not terribly sticky.
3. Roll dough into 1/2 teaspoon balls and place on prepared cookie sheet. Use a skewer to press an X-shape into each cookie ball.
4. Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes until they are dried on top and slightly browned. Allow to cool completely before offering to your kitty.
5. Place treats in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to seven days.
Post a Comment