My pups love, love, love these snacks. And all of their pals do, too! You can't go wrong with pumpkin as the main ingredient. It is so good for your precious pups and so yummy! Here is my current favorite dog treat recipe. If you make it, send me a photo of your pups enjoying them and I will happily post it here. (:
· 1 can (15oz) canned pumpkin
· 4 Tbsp molasses
· 4 Tbsp water
· 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
· 2 cups whole wheat flour
· ¼ tsp baking soda
· ¼ tsp baking powder
· 1 tsp cinnamon (don't substitute nutmeg - that's bad for dogs)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix pumpkin, molasses, vegetable oil, and water together in a bowl.
3. Add the whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon to the mixture and stir until dough softens.
4. Scoop out small spoonfuls of dough and roll into balls on your hands (wet hands work best).
5. Set the balls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. If you like, you can flatten the balls with a fork.
6. Bake approximately 25 minutes until dough is hardened.
Enjoy! Or should I say, "Woof!" ? (: